04-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #7
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
it will need a lot to justify the $100k+ price tag. I think Dinan may start doing a lot of business with current x50i owners, better deal. I am disappointed in the M version not much there to justify premium price.
Isn't that the same as say a 335i vs. a M3... there doesn't 'seem' to be such a huge difference between them, but ask M3 drivers and they will tell you otherwise. Same goes for the X6 vs. X6M. I think it's a matter of perspective and what you look for in a car.

Also, if you read the press release, they have done some EXTENSIVE changes to the X6 setup to make it an X6M. So overall, I think whatever premium they are going to ask for (and I am SURE they will be asking for quite a bit), it's deserved.

About Dinan, I'm sure there will be quite a few people that will look at that route too, especially those that already have an X6 or recently bought one and don't want to trade up to an X6M. But if you were to mod a standard X6 to bring it to the SAME level as an X6M, I highly doubt that you would come in way under the price tag that BMW is asking for the X6M. When I say the exact same setup, I do mean ALL of the changes down to the smallest detail that the M Division applied to the car.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0