United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Couple of things/clarifications...
1. As noted, you do the deal with your existing dealer (hopefully). Then you get the sales tax credit and what not. Your date for the PDC needs to be worked out in advance (and that is a bit tricky cause your car needs a production date before they will schedule your PDC date). So your dealer needs to work with you NOW because the last thing you want is to negotiate the deal AFTER you have ordered the new car (bend over ). So I would expect the dealer to give you a number provided you don't put more than X miles on the car from time of valuation. For a lease, you can just drop the car off at the dealer and take a cab to the airport to go get your new car. I did this. Do mention to the dealer that you need your plates back because the guy who took mine off crushed them (didn't realize I was flying down to get my car that day). They did end up ordering me new plates.
2. They do not give you a carbon copy of the car you ordered (I thought this was the case) - well YOU do, because you are ordering an M. My point is that they have X6Ms there, not 50s and not 35s. Nothing worse than test driving a X6M on the track and then getting in your 50 and going "hey, wait, I thought I ordered a fast car?"

I should add that the BEST part of PDC, is you can order from ANY dealer. I ordered my car from a dealer 5 hours away* - didn't matter cause I was picking up the car down in SC. Alas, you have a trade and so you will probably want to order from the place where you are trading in (see #1 above). Personally with the residuals of the X6 I would look at selling it outright, but that's just me

*I highly recommend Brett Midgley from Autohaus BMW in St. Louis if you ever need to order a car for PDC pickup.
Thanks Doug, more great info. It would probably be better for me to sell outright but I don't have a lot of time to meet with people, test drive, etc. Maybe I will reconsider. I first need to get my stock wheels put back on.
Appreciate 0