Thread: X5 Woes...
View Single Post
      09-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #22
Skoot
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan5034 View Post
Well I don't think you are being told the full story.

1st off there's no way I trust anyone to rebuild that engine. Just buy a new / refurb engine and walk away.

However you got so much going on there I'm not really sure what is happening. If there is anyway you can get it put back together and drive able, I think you should sell it / trade it, or find a new mechanic.

Back to your questions, if an oil pump is bad that can definintely mess just about everything up. Why you wouldn't get oil pressure warning I don't know.
I completely agree. I know I'm never going to trust the car again. I spoke to them today and they said it's all back together and working...they are just waiting for the guy with the computer to come and reset it.

So far they have done the following:

Replaced 3 cam adjustment units
Reground the crank
Replaced the bearing on the reground crank
They said they would dismantle the oil pump and check it.

These are the things I know about.

I live in Bahrain so new/refurb engines are hard to come by. Not sure where I would get one unless it got shipped here from afar. That would drive the price up, I guess.

I want rid of the car as soon as I can. Problem is I'm a bit too honest to try and sell it without giving the whole story. That means the buyer will have lots of negotiating power.

I suppose I'll just have to wait until I get it back and then decide which direction to go.
Appreciate 0