Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I'd check a c43 instead a lot more car than the CLA.

You couldn't just spend $400 or whatever on a spare wheel and tire for road trips? Realize it takes up a lot of space in the trunk but would open up a lot of options for you.
Appreciates the suggestion. I don't like any of the current MB designs, but like the CLA, I may go test drive it if it has a spare.

It's not about spend $400 or whatever on a spare wheel, I will happily pay that if the car has the wheel well to stow it or made that an option. It's more about losing space and figure out a way to strap it down. There are lots of other little details to think about that people often neglect. For example, if the car comes with staggered set up, I would need to find a wheel that will clear the front brakes with an offset that will work for both front and rear that has the right hub size and lug pattern. I can't simply buy a front or rear wheel as that will fit one axle, but may not the other.
All fair points. For those of us who run winter and summer wheels it's not an issue always 4 extra laying around to use in a pinch.
Appreciate 0