View Single Post
      06-25-2020, 02:43 PM   #163
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsniperr View Post
It's crazy. Just get it detailed and interior completely cleaned. Looks like a brand new car. It literally is haha.

So I did some research on tuning here in Vegas and I'm going to go with the Autowerkes tune from @etektuning in Vegas.

Roughly around $1200 I was quoted.

He is offering a stage 1 or stage 2 tune.

What do you guys suggest ?
I'm really happy with ESS tuning, on my 50i stock 0-60 was 6.7 seconds (using draggy to measure). After new transmission solenoids, carbon cleanup, and downpipes best was 5.6 seconds. Then I added the ESS stage 1 tune and just the tune alone dropped it from 5.6 to 4.4 seconds.

Keep in mind this is without using launch control and my engine and transmission have over 154,000 miles on it now. They give you stage 2 also at no extra charge and cable and software to change between or back to stock whenever you want. If they can get a 50i with 154k on the clock nearly as fast as a stock M, imagine what their tune would do for an M. I would check them out. Their tune completely changed truck. I mean it was quick before but now it has completely woke it up and I have to yet play with the stage 2 yet (waiting until I get done with new exhaust and intake mods first)

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 06-25-2020 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0