Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: The MONSTR

Garage List
2010 X6 50i  [9.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildaz View Post
I just crawled under my X6 and and the rear section is all one piece but it does bolt up to the downpipe right after it starts to bend up towards the engine...seems like it would be fairly easy to make a 3 section bolt-on systems for it.

On another note I heard back from Dinan and their system is only axle back so it does require cutting of the factory exahust.

Can anyone explain why an axle back system for the X6 is $3,000+ (Dinan = $3,500 and Meisterschaft = $3,000) and the full section 1, 2, and 3 system for my M5 from RPI was the same price? The price point for the X6 exhaust seems crazy high!

Eloy at RPI is willing to look into making a systems for the X6 if enough people show interest in it...I've started a new thread to get this process started, please post if you would like to see a RPI exhaust system for the X6!

Please post here: http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...01#post8420801
It is very high. I agree. The whole Hamann system is running me about 6K but will yield me about 25-30HP. The muffler itself is nice but deleting the resonator and muffler in the down pipe is nice. Louder, less pressure etc. etc. Plus the diameter of the pipes themselves are larger than stock.

If I went as far as deleting the CATS and replaced with the racing version it would yield another 30HP according to Supersprint but add another 2500-3000 to the system. So overall a 55-60HP isn't bad but it will cost.

I am sure there are other brands out there making similar systems but only a small handful. Seems like the demand for systems for the X aren't that great, and since im making my X a Hamann project it only seems fit to put that system in there.
Appreciate 0