View Single Post
      11-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #1253
LiteMayo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
The complaints are not just about poor customer service and very few people complain about their cars being from auction particularly on this forum. read this thread. People have been lied to numerous times. Prices of cars have been put up when arrangements have been made for a test drive. Test drives have been refused until finance has been arranged. Phantom cars are on website but not on their forecourt (not just once or twice as can happen but many times). Length of warranty / MOT has been lied about, they tell buyer that the car has been fully / recently serviced when it hasnt. people have reported that they have swapped over tyres and wheels after purchase but before collection.

Why would you buy a car from them?
Most the stuff uv just listed has no bearing what so ever on me as a car buyer for the following reasons:

- 'prices been put up after test drive arrangement'...well dont buy the bloody car then. My price wasnt put up, I fought for decrease in price as is the norm when it comes to 2nd hand car sales. Why would I have an issue buying a car from there just because someone else had that issue but I didnt.
- 'test drives refused until finance arranged', if this is really the case, walk out the door. I was told I had to come to general agreement on price b4 test drive. I told them this was a meaningless agreement as I wouldnt be paying a penny until I test drove the car. They let me test drive the car before anything was agreed, so no issue for me on this point.
- 'phantom cars on website'. Well the car I saw on the website was there when I got there!!!!!!!!! Again, no issue for me. If it wasnt there I'd say bye bye!
- 'length of MOT, warranty and servicing lied about'. Not in my case so again no issues for me.
- 'tyres/wheels swapped over'. Not in my case, everything in good shape on pickup. Disgraceful that that should happen to anyone but I made sure all was in order on collection.

Why would I buy a car from them? Why wouldnt I buy a car I thought was reasonable and actually existed when I got there, that I could indeed test drive.!
Appreciate 0