View Single Post
      05-30-2017, 07:52 AM   #24
Deftronix
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X5d & 20 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googone20 View Post
Looks like this mod will be in my future as well. What is the difference in brake Patel feel versus the stocks? I actually think the stocks feel pretty nice on my X5d. They are all brand new OEM though. Also, where are you guys scoring the front X5M calipers and necessary carriers from?
Bought them as an m performance retrofit kit that was made for an F15 (dust shields, f/r calipers, rear caliper carriers, pads, rotors, and replacement hardware for it all - part# 34112348054)

Pedal feels great but hard to do a straight comparison since I replaced all the rubber brake lines with stainless steel lines along with the new brakes, so can't really tell how much improvement came from each but it feels much better over stock.

Everything is silent without any grease / brake quiet being used, and the amount of initial bite before bedding-in was impressive. Once I bedded-in everything was super smooth, very happy with the results.

I used stoptech's bedding-in procedure - http://www.stoptech.com/technical-su...in-suggestions

Little teaser w/ the reps -
Attached Images

Last edited by Deftronix; 05-30-2017 at 10:13 AM..
Appreciate 2