View Single Post
      07-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #79
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern X5M View Post
Hey, I am the guy that was at the track with the dark blue M5. Saw your run I was going to come over and see how you were launching your truck. I used to have an X5M and my best time was 12.59 on my winter tire set up. I think the DA the night you ran was in the low to mid 3000's (probably almost 4000 at the start of the night) so not good. Go to Drag Times and use their DA calculator for Budweiser Park (Name before changed to Castrol). Also if you are not brake stalling then you are going to have bad times but like others have said, don't hold for too long (there was some talk a long time ago about the ECM cutting timing for prolonged brake stalling). I also found that I had better times manually shifting and not using the paddles.
Ive thought about trying to manually shift mine at the track. How to i brake stall without using the launch control? When i use L/C it shifts on its own and wont let me shift... i would drag out the rpms a bit more than my tune allows. I never use the paddles always the shifter i think it responds quicker when im street racing.

I finally for the first time got off of my run-flats and there is a huge difference how the truck is riding. I cant wait to take it to the strip, should be able to improve on my 12.2 on a decent day.