08-08-2023, 11:22 AM   #340
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

argento

I hope you’re wearing ear protection!

That peak from the midrange isn’t really from the crossover, but it’s the crossovers fault for not taking care of it. This is why I’m doing my own crossover, a standard LR 12db crossover just doesn’t work well with the b&w midrange in that aspect. The 16khz sounding ear piercing is why I don’t like aluminum dome tweeters, I wonder how the Diamonds contribute to this. Diamond tweeters are suppose to be best of both worlds warm sounding in the lower end of the “highs” and light and airy in the peak of the highs, not harsh.

Your adjusted curve looks good though! I think you could add a little bit more bass into the bass maybe +2 clicks, then see if adding in the 100hz & 500hz helps boost 250hz any. Where you have 2khz down -10 clicks, try reducing 1khz & 5khz -2 clicks to see if it improves 2khz. Then try adjusting 10khz down -1 or -2 clicks and see if you can raise the treble setting a little bit without adding harshness. Oh and before you do that go in the “RTA” tab, tap on “octave” in the bottom left corner and change it to “1/3 octave”. That way to get a closer look at each frequency between those octaves is doing making those adjustments. I’m wondering what frequency ranges the “bass” & “treble” are controlling, must be below 100hz and above 10khz. The “EQ cheat sheet” and “Eqing Vocals” articles I linked can help you figure out where you need to cut or boost to get the sound you want if you get stumped.

You mind taking a pic or screenshot of what your android parametric eq looks like? I’m wondering if it would be more useful to be using that in some of those areas I mentioned.

Also if you’d like I can take a screenshot on my RTA of what my system looks like fully tuned with pink noise