daberlin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i EBII MPPK/BBK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roasty View Post
just installed a set of M-perf brakes onto my 335i.

brake system was bled twice. coding was done after installation. rotors and pads bedded.

still getting mushy brake feel and increased travel of the brake pedal as compared to stock. oh well..

questions:
a) when driving, and coming to a complete stop, i'm still able to depress the brake pedal further, in a slow, squishy manner, all the way to the floor. do you guys experience the same? or do i need to get the system re-bled again?

b) those of you who installed the m perf brake kit, did you guys put in stainless steel brake lines as well?

Sorry to hear of your troubles! Very frustrating I'm sure.

To your questions,

a) Absolutely not right. The pedal should react with just a slight touch, and progressively bites as you press down. Even with M Performance pads, it should not possible to compress to the floor. If you can, 100% there is air in the line. As a side note, I DID have significant pedal travel for the first five days I drove the car. I re-bled the following weekend and it took care of any pedal travel. Felt exactly like old M Sport Brakes.

b) I did install stainless steel brake lines - mostly for looks, longevity, and the occasional track day. I would suspect that in everyday street use for such a newer car, the SS lines wouldn't be suspect in your issue - however I would check to see if they are leaking - which is not that uncommon if they aren't installed properly.
1986 BMW 325e
1971 VW Super Beetle
Appreciate 0