View Single Post
      12-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Car car
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5

Angry 2012 X5 shut off on highway

Yesterday, I called BMW Canada to report that my X5 suddenly just shut off on the highway the day before (not sure they actually are told about these things from the dealer). I told them how BMW assist really was not very helpful (I had to call the towing company myself to see what was happening; they sent the wrong kind of tow truck, and then the one that finally came over 2.5 hours later was not what I thought BMW would send for its customers!!!).
When I finally arrived at the dealer (whom I called to let them know that I was coming and what had happened), they acted like they didn't care, the assistant manager just walked by me grumpy and angry looking (as usual)while I was in tears and still shaken up and the service manager came out from his office (where he was being yelled at by another customer) and became defensive and rude to me.
I wanted BMW Canada to know what really goes on in theses dealers!!!
But most importantly, I wanted to express my concern about the safety and severity of the issue. I let them know that many people buy BMW because they think they are safe for themselves and their children and then this happens! Totally not acceptable! If they had a code to fix the problem, then they must have known that it could have potentially happened to someone and they should have had a recall to correct the issue before one was ever reported.
Someone please pinch me! Is this a nightmare????
Appreciate 0