Thread: X6m
View Single Post
      01-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #19
snipez999
Private
Rep
Drives: X6M50d

Quote:
Carbon Black is an amazing color but it a bitch to keep clean and swirl free. I had it on my old X5 and absolutely loved it. The key to keeping the swirls down is to use demineralized water to rinse her off. By using this type of water, you can let her air dry and never have to take a towel to her and still be spot free.
I am on my 2nd carbon black BMW (5 series, now X6) and have a detailer visit me once a fortnight to run a full detail on her. Have had my last 3 cars detailed regularly by him using Swissvax products. This includes full machine work at pre-delivery inspection stage (whilst vehicles still with the dealership) regular waxing and a claying plus machine polish every quarter. I have no issues at all with swirls because they never get near a sponge or anything else which could possibly cause such imperfections. The greatest enemy to cars these days are the many 'hand' car washes which are cropping up. I've seen these guys resting on long handled brushes with the bristles pressing against the floor, waiting for the next car in line and then just slapping it straight on and dragging it down the side (and that was on a pretty new Bentley Continental GT!!)
I get fresh MF cloths every wash on my car, and these are not then just rinsed off and used on the next client's car but instead laundered ready for the next visit.
I also politely decline the dealer's offer of a free valet whenever my car goes in for any work.
As such I manage to somehow miraculously avoid swirl marks
Appreciate 0