View Single Post
      10-20-2019, 02:26 PM   #4
Deftronix
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X5d & 20 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus_BMW View Post
Great info!!! Instructions are perfect. Thank you for sharing.

Two questions for you:

1. Have you noticed any battery drain? I've heard that these type of devices put a continuous draw on the car battery to stay active. My concern is, I go on business travel occasionally, and can leave my car at the airport parked for a week - I'd hate to get home to a car that won't crank.

2. I only want functionality for short range starting, when I'm in visual range of my car, from stock key fob. Is the antenna routing part only for extended distance? And, are the extra remotes only for long distance use?

I've seen a similar model remote start package, that lists for about half the cost, I'm wondering if this is due to not adding on additional capabilities like long distance start, antenna, etc.

Thanks!

I installed the standalone flashlogic module a couple years ago because I wanted a way to start it while walking up to the car like you. Didn't want an extra fob so setup to use the oem fob with the 3 click lock sequence. The functionality ended up being pretty disappointing - the time it took to go through the startup sequence from clicking the fob to actually starting was 20-30 seconds. It also chirps the horn every 30 seconds or so(cant remember exactly) and flashes the hazards to remind you its started.

There were no options in the software to disable these. It was configured for the shortest delay which was none. Removed it after a couple days as there was no real benefit to having it. Plus you need to sacrifice a fob to make it work if your car is running an updated CAS (CAS4 and up I believe). You get "unable to start warning" on idrive with a constant audible alert if you try to use the same fob that the unit is programmed with while driving even though the car will start as normal. Hope this helps you decide.
Appreciate 0