02-02-2017, 08:18 AM   #10
SyL3nTFoRcE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
I would speak to the owner of the dealer. In writing explain all the issues and timelines, and explain how you were told by the sales people that the car was flawless, as I'm sure they did several times. I would explain how you spent a ton of money and you've had to take time out of your schedule and away from your family to deal with issues that shouldn't be there on a 3 year old car. Ask them to repair the car for free and to give you a shiny new loaner (if they haven't done so already). Make sure you do it all in writing.

If he says anything but yes, get your attorney to send the letter.
I can try that and see what happens they offered to help me the other day so im going to take full advantage of their 60 day warranty they have with me. I just wish i could bring to another shop who wont break something more than what is supposed to be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyboy View Post
While it may be immoral, there's nothing illegal about a sales person telling a buyer that a car is in "flawless" condition. That's called puffery. Realtors do it often. Your only recourse against a dealership or sales person is if they make a factually inaccurate (fraudulent) statement, such as "this is a one owner car" but turns out to have had three, or they say "this is an eight cylinder engine", but it only has six. As it stands, it appears the dealership is under no obligation to help you, except for goodwill. It's commonly said, if you want to know the condition of a car, don't ask the owner. Prior to purchase, if you're unsure what to look for, you need to get it checked out by someone who has no skin in the game.
Well the advertisement was off on some features such as heated steering wheel and headlight washers and iphone connection but i didnt notice it until after. It didnt have that stuff and a bit more but i was ok with it since the deal was made

At the time of looking at the car everything checked out and i even took it for a test drive and it was running great the average mpg was low and it didnt click the computer must have been reset before the test drive or battery disconnected. Before i picked it up, since they promised to polish a few spots that needed a polish and never did it, I noticed the Computer system was reset again but being that there was no lights or anything i drove the car hundreds of miles before I failed emissions and thats when i ran the obd scanner and found issues.

I know im most likely at a loss with them but i needed to vent since they have been giving me issues and for some reason not giving my contract paperwork that i was promised a copy of.
Appreciate 0