View Single Post
      09-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #1
Sa3064
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6m

Lesson learned... but it was damned fun!!!

So I was driving on I-75 northbound in the middle of nowhere with no traffic at all in my 2010 X6M. I was minding my own business and going 79 MPH in the right lane when suddenly a white Audi S8 screamed past me doing way more than 100. Three men in business suits having a ball, picked a fight.

"Oh, hell no!!" said the little voice in my head as I hit the ///M button and my right foot reflexively mashed the accelerator. The Audi had little chance of getting away, so it didn't. At all. Nope. The Audi stayed in the left land and I stayed in the right lane, back about 150 yards putting the cruise control at (allegedly) 110 MPH. A rather easy jog for the 2010 X6M with 114,000 miles.

We did this for 10-15 miles as I monitored my favorite app (Waze... Great for cops, I thought) when the Audi slowed down to about 90 and got a few lengths away from me, still in the left lane. The Audi crouched down and took off really hot. This time I paused a few seconds as the Audi got close to a mile away and I hit the gas and held it down.

The HUD showed 135 MPH (allegedly) as I came around a bend and was within 200 or so yards when I saw a cop 1/2 mile in front of his car and I absolutely nailed the brakes and slowed back to 79 with a full adrenaline dump in my body and something else in my pants. The Audi immediately pulled over as the cop left the hiding place, even before the lights on the top of the vehicle were on. I kept going, found the next exit as fast as possible and got the hell out of Dodge by taking back roads to my destination.

That guy probably spent the night in Jail and I spent the night thinking about how I should have been there too.

It was really really stupid, but I absolutely had a ball. Did I learn my lesson? Hmmmm... I was a remedial student. But a reckless driving conviction is a bad one to have on a resume.

Has anyone had any close calls, or gotten nailed for some stupid driving like this?
I feel very lucky.
J
Attached Images

Appreciate 0