View Single Post
      03-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

I have no oil consumption issues on my 2012 X6 (drove it right out of PCD and did not baby it).

Also with BMW apps and the snap in adapter, iPhone integration rocks (I think iPod integration (not apps) was avail in your 2010 however - so maybe they didn't order it on you car).

Not sure what you mean about switching on/off park distance. Mine is on in reverse and off when I start driving.

Last but not least, I have real-time traffic integrated into the NAV - your car should too.

Now....
TOTALLY agree with the lack of grab handles - #2 complaint on this truck. Doesn't bother me too much but my shorter front seat passengers can't get in without hitting heads since they have to take a running start.

Also, hate the metal rods sticking out of the back of the back seats - no clue what those are for and they look terrible. Right, I remember now, they are for child seat connections. Been a long time since I had to worry about that stuff. On the wife's RX300 (at the time) the bars were there but you had to cut the fabric to get to them. I'd prefer this.

and..the way the door skin shimmies when the door is shut. Very cheap looking.

BUT MOST OF ALL I hate the drag on the car when decelerating - might be trans, might be alternator, but man, the thing drags to a stop without the use of the brakes. Ugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodell View Post
I bought this as my first BMW. I'm not complaining, but I made a list of things I would have beat on my engineering team about ...

- Oil Consumption
- iPod Kit
- HUD Display Programmability (there's lots of things that COULD and SHOULD be up there, and can be with coding, but we have no easy access to them.)
- Configurability
- Day/Night Switching
- The need to switch on / off park distance control
- Continuous chime for the seatbelt if my computer is on the front seat with me!
- Entry assist handles - both sides
- No AD2P audio streaming
- Lack of auto fold on the mirrors
- Lack of satellite traffic & weather
- 6 hour VDO load time!
- Did I mention oil consumption?

At the same time, there are lots of things I like.

- Handling
- Power
- Seats/Seating position
- Vertical cameras
- Interior sound levels
- Heating/AC/Ventilation

Where it seems they miss is in the "convenience" features. I admit to having a bend for technology, but these things don't seem to get the thought. I can forget about them while in motion with my foot mashed to the floor!

Those of you with newer models - has the focus changed?

Last edited by doug_999; 03-02-2013 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: added comment on rods on the back of the back seats
Appreciate 0