01-10-2015, 06:55 PM   #8
Vigilant
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cautiously fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4 View Post
I never understood the time and money people put into not getting a speeding ticket these days (radar, jammers, camo plates, etc). I would hope the drivers that I assume speed on a regular basis for which a ticket would be issued know that speeding causes more than 10,000 deaths per year (a large amount of the entire road related deaths). If you want to drive faster than the speed limit than either face the consequences or put up some $$ to get on a track / private road.

http://www.ghsa.org/html/media/press...308_speed.html
You sir are not allowed to bring common sense to this forum.

It is an assumption (large one) that most of the M forum drivers have obtained some of these radar devices to avoid being ticketed for "marginal speeding" (i.e. 5-10 mph over speed limit). In my occupation, any fine or ticket becomes a reportable event and discoverable when re-credentialing for privileges at a healthcare institution...an event that I care to avoid.

Having said that, as an individual who has spent over a decade putting folks back together after motor vehicle accidents, etc., I am entirely sensitive and respectful of your opinion.

At the end of the day, one of the most dangerous activities we perform involves sitting behind the wheel of a "missile" traveling at low or high velocity in the same and in opposite direction to other "missiles" also traveling at low or high velocity.

Be safe everybody.

2022 BSM G80 Comp X-drive
Appreciate 0