View Single Post
      03-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #10
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: || E70 35i | R32 GTR ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by x61986 View Post
Hi guys, Im new to this forum and also pretty new to the bmw world. Recently I purchase a 2010 x6 in perfect condition. I absolutely love the truck its everything I imagined it to be. Im not to familiar with bmws tho and was wondering if you guys could help. The x came with the original maps so I upgraded to the north america premium 2017-1. I have 3d maps checked off but I do not really see any difference. The map is still that grey plain map. I figured with the update it would change it up a bit. Is there another update I should do or is it the age of the truck that is the issue. I also wanted to know about dvd in motion. Is there a place you guys recommend to purchase the software so I can get that unlocked. Will this also unlock video playback off my iPhone? Thanks in advance!
Forgot to touch on the 3D portion of your maps, some areas will show a 3D effect on your navigation like big cities. Hence why when viewing your navigation screen it doesn't really appear any different. Big changes usually are the system of the navigation itself (e.g. CCC to CIC or CIC to NBT) and etc. The navigation version being updated just provides more information, routes, street names and whatever else it consist of. Hope this helps!

2010 E90 335i 1M FBO MHD Tune (SOLD)
2009 E92 335i FBO JB4 G5 ISO (SOLD)
Appreciate 0