View Single Post
      07-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 35i / '13 S5

Update, received email from Robert@vishnu on the N55 X5/X6/535 tune and I am copying/paste:

Still not yet. We still haven't got a car we can use for an extensive period of time.

Quoting Johann <@gmail.com>:

Robert,
Any updates? Any luck getting a N55 X5/X6/535 to get some further testing and development in? Any eta's, etc... Just wanted to get an update

Thanks

-----------------
Yes i'm using the Jb3 N55 Stg 1 tune... There is a dffererence between it and stock. The lag is less for one.

I'm not saying the JB3 is the only option.

You do have the option of going with a Flash Tune. Two drawbacks on this are 1. You would have to physically remove the ECU/DME and send it to the flash tuner so they can Benchload your ECU/DME. 2nd Drawback is that if you go to the dealer and they for some reason have to flash your car, your flashtune will be wiped out and you have to once again, remove your ECU/DME and send to tuner for flash again. Most of the tuners won't charge you for the re-flash, but you do have to pay for shipping again...

BMW X5 35i: Boopie Exhaust & Intercooler, K&N Drop in Filter, JB3 (3+ psi)
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Custom Exhaust, Headers, 87MM Throttle Body, Diablo Custom 93 OCT Tune
Appreciate 0