View Single Post
      02-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

New X6 Photos including XDrive50i Fresh From The Factory

Hey guys.I hit the lotto at the BMW Factory this past Friday.X6's crawling all over the place!! My luggage was lost on a canceled flight Thurs night.Had to wait at the local airport for a flight w/ my luggage.Rather than wait an hour at the airport or go back home,I decided to see what was happening at the plant.The Airport is right next door to the airport.The White X6 was upclose to the Plant and the two guys inside were messing w/ the center console.The line of X6's following the Z4 is pretty interesting.I'm certain this was a group of Auto Journalist,Dealers,or some other VIP's.Somebody was getting an early look and test drive of the X6.I think this might have been 2 35i's and 2 50i's,given the 2 black grills and two chrome grills.These cars proceeded directly to the Performance Center.I found a place to catch a few pic's of the X6 on the track.Whoever was driving these cars were hammering the heck out of these babies!!! The Red X6 is the first XDrive50i I've seen anywhere around here.You can clearly see the rectangle exhaust tips,a TT V-8 for sure.Of course this "heavy metal" was sneaking in BMW's local "Skunk Works", the "Special Vehicle Operations" Bld.I've got to find out what goes on in there.The Silver X6 was not part of the Performance Center group.Silver looks good on the X6.This will take a couple of post.Enjoy! Thanks.PalBay
Attached Images

Appreciate 0