05-22-2017, 10:40 PM   #6
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansbimmer View Post
I've run Evans NPG in a couple of my previous M3's one of which was pushing more boost than was really safe for the engine... That car ran for 25k miles on the Evans before I sold it. It's a fantastic coolant. It runs at lower pressures which is easy on the cooling system, but I didn't want to run it at zero pressure (make it harder for the system to purge air pockets).

I can't fault it at all for what it is. I don't run it on my daily drivers as I do not want the risk of being left stranded needing coolant and not having any with me. Water is a contaminant to Evans coolant. Although you can add water to it in an emergency, I don't like the idea of losing $200 in materials and the labor of having to flush the system again to remove the water.

Instead, I replace the cooling system and rock OEM blue coolant. Yes more expensive, but the preventative maintenance yields much better peace of mind on higher mileage trucks.
I hear ya on all counts. I can't say for certain how many pockets the S63 engine may have, but I'm sure with enough driving around taking turns that they'll work themselves out. I'm mostly trying to avoid the typical BMW plastics problems, which this should make moot.

Ironically I did have a failure in my E53 X5 (while my mom was borrowing it) since the bearings decided to fail in the water pump, otherwise it survived perfectly for two Bimmerfest trips from Seattle to Hollywood to Vegas and back to Seattle.
Attached Images

Last edited by m5james; 05-22-2017 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0