11-28-2016, 03:41 PM   #925
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
That Buffalo Trace I am familiar with is some harsh shit I put a little in a can of coke and get buzzed. But it's the clear one, and I think Mark and Digger are in the back of the store cooking it up just before I come in.

I'm still (pun) upset that I can grow MJ in my backyard now, but I STILL (pun) can't put a little copper in my backyard.
I had the Buffalo Trace 'White Dog' - I think that is the clear stuff you refer to. Not just bad - TERRIBLE. I thought I had wrecked my palate permanently. It took me 3 days to get the yeasty taste out of my mouth. Still have most of the bottle (fortunately one of those 375's, not a full 750), free to a good home, or for some parts cleaning.

I don't get into the variety in Bourbon as much as single malts, so I just stick with some favorites - but same as with the scotch, I prefer barrel proofs: Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Knob Creek single barrel, and Bulleit Rye are the current roster. Back in my budget days, Bourbon was always a better bet for discount priced bottles - real whiskey, unlike the blended scotch that is largely column-still alcohol.

And don't let your anger become chronic and blunt your creativity - I hear that you can distill your own, but you need to pay tax on it (they only actually tax the laying of pipe in Nevada, everywhere else you just pay by the EtOH content). Of course, my family is 4 generations of rumrunners, so we don't really stay up on all the legal mumbo jumbo.
Appreciate 0