View Single Post
      11-02-2021, 10:49 AM   #34
N54ScoreAnd7BeersAgo
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe--MT, Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK24 View Post
It would be great if Marlon actually did honest mechanic work.

The OP has shadiness written all over him. Read his recent yelp review.

Not sure how anyone would trust this guy.
Most mechanics aren't open on Saturdays. He has really good reviews on Google. Yelp sucks balls, anyway. But I checked it as you suggested. My notes:

1.) Reviews for him on Yelp are overwhelmingly positive. But again, Yelp sucks balls, so whatever.
2.) Even the hidden "not recommended" reviews were all positive. I didn't read the others, but the recent bad one you mentioned: WOW.
3.) That guy seems to be a true outlier and also sounds like an IMMENSE pain in the ass.

An excerpt:
"Marlon's ego is too big for him to finish repairs on customer's vehicles. He will judge you the moment you walk into the door and do his best to take advantage of getting the most money off you. He may be nice in front of your face, but when you leave the door he will walk like he is tough guy with jealous spite. He carries jealous spite and can't finish repairs on time on customers who feed his business with money. He is incredibly lazy, unprofessional, and has terrible customer service. He wasted my money..."

So after these bizarre and repetitive rants ("He carries jealous spite"... Ooookayyyy), the guy sounds like he's saying he demanded an alternator replacement, Marlon couldn't or wouldn't do it on his unreasonable timeline so he got it replaced elsewhere, and it didn't resolve the issue he masterfully self-diagnosed. Basically a total nightmare customer. A glance at his Yelp review history suggests that he makes a pattern of using Yelp reviews to try and burn businesses that don't live up to his insane expectations much more regularly than a typical reviewer.

So, as someone who doesn't know either of them, has never done business there (but has done business with Marlon's former long-time employer, BMW Northwest, which is an excellent dealership), I suggest people take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited by N54ScoreAnd7BeersAgo; 11-02-2021 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 1