07-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #99
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Actually - BU and Brown.

From what Miss Entitlement is saying (daughter's new name), BU is out...and she's planning to apply to Brown - but at 61K a semester, I'm hoping she doesn't get accepted.

My son has a hockey tournament in Philly come September - and my daughter want's to look at a few places while there. So I get to do this all again in just over a month (not going due to my new job)

I'm open for cooking suggestions.
Hey, I might have good news. If your household income is > $200,000k, sorry about that....

If your income is <= $200,000, then Brown and Penn and the other Ivys will cost you "up to" 10% of your income on a sliding scale. This means an Ivy League school today costs less than a state university. The problem is the low acceptance, obviously.

My friend is a single mom and her son got into BU but not BC. BU would cost her 28k, hardly worth it imho....plus she is one of those who has nothing saved for college. I told her this is harsh, but you know that fancy CR-V you just got for 31k out the door? Imagine buying one every year if your kid attends BU. You took out a 60 mo. loan on the CR-V with nothing down, how can you possibly expect to come up with 28k per year, for 4 years?

With that being said, my boy is now 19 mos. So far, mom and myself have missed 19 payments @ $1,600/mo.

($1,600/mo. is the number I came up with, from the hospital ride home, through age 22, if you want to send a kid to college in 2032 with no assistance)

Well, I guess the good news is that your son plays hockey. I want mine to!
Appreciate 0