01-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #4
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
I have had H&R's on for a couple weeks now. the 1.2 front with self leveling lowering links in the rear. To me, the front is very close to stock. Just a touch harsher on really big impacts, but no "bottoming out" there is just less travel in the spring. It completely eliminates what little body roll existed, and also eliminates nose dive on hard braking. I did a lot of research on this, too, and I am still undecided on whether to stay with H and R or go with coil overs. The ride in the rear is entirely dependent on how low it is adjusted. Mine was too low initially, and it was like a fat girl - her ass jiggled all the time. I raised it two turns, and it is better. Now I only get the jiggle when there are repeat bumps before the chassis settle from the first bump. It is much more tolerable, but not perfect. I may have to go up again, but I want to see it with mu summer wheels on before I decide. If you want the slammed look, you have to go with coilovers - as your ride with H and R's adjusted that low will suck. If you just want to drop it moderately, you can have a lower ride and a comfortable ride with H and R's.
Appreciate 0