archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Power problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammydtd View Post
I've had the power problem issue on my 50i, which was one of the first batch (considering I picked it up a few months ago in the Middle East)

I'm still waiting to hear anything regarding the official recall from the board or the dealer, but I got it fixed in a different way.

The dealer found the rear climate control unit to be hoggin up electricity even when the car was off, so he replaced a part back there.

I've yet to not drive the car for more than a day and see if the clock resets, so I'll keep you guys posted.

Cheers,

Yes. I've posted elsewhere about the same problem. so far they've only asked me to plug the charger on or drive longer. I say i didn't buy an electric car! I'll have to talk to the regional service representative to get anywhere. These guys are a bunch of bureaucrats. Unless the system starts a fire, & they get a class action suit on their desks, they do nothing because they've got our $$ already!
Mad as hell when i think about it. Almost bought Acura Sh-awd last year (similar to dpc). If Lexus comes out w/ their version of dpc, I'd switch brands!
Appreciate 0