10-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #7
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansbmw View Post
Time to bump this. Got the money and the e39 is ready to go.

I've found two nice 2012 M-Sports with slightly different options. Both black on black. Both 54k miles for $24k. According to carfax, looks like they were maintained at the dealer. One of them hit a deer and did $500 worth of damage back in 2013 to one side of the car. Sounds like a headlight or something like that.

One has adaptive drive, individual leather dash, standard sport steering wheel and DSP.

The other has the regular sport suspension, regular hifi and the m-steering wheel with the paddle shifters. It also has option S1CCA Selection of COP relevant vehicles. No idea what this means.

What do you guys think? I'll be test driving them this weekend. Is adaptive drive worth it? Looks significantly more expensive to replace when it comes time. If I got the regular sport suspension I would get the KW V3 most likely, or possibly BC depending on reviews. Would these perform better than adaptive drive?
If both are M Sports, both should have the M Sport steering wheel. Are you sure it's a regular Sport wheel? If yes, somebody swapped it out. Something to note, the paddle shifters are only found on later 2012 models, anything with a build date of 10/11 or 11/11, or later. Earlier 2012's did not get the paddles. And paddles only came with Sport and M Sport models. Maybe the other one just looked different because it didn't have paddles?

Adaptive Drive is pretty desirable amongst the forum crowd here. Tough to find on 2012 and 2013's. Not sure how KW's would compare?

Can you post the last 7 of the VINs?
Appreciate 0