View Single Post
      02-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #30
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: || E70 35i | R32 GTR ||

Nicely put and absolutely correct on the rating portion for difficulty for doing this yourself pending on the person's experience.

It was definitely helpful and yes I was referring to the maps since we do have to get the code to unlock the update

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1er View Post
I think rating the difficulty of the install can be relative. To me I would say it's a 5 as I have experience with this kind of projects in my cars. But then even removing the headunit can be a 10 if you don't know which tabs you need to pull and how hard to pull them.

I don't know the cost of coding, as I bought the emulator including coding. I would say the price varies a lot depending on which provider you choose.

About updating your own nav, not sure if you are referring to maps or something else? in any case, after installing the NBT unit you are still able to code your car, the same way as before and map updates are also possible.

With this as with any other retrofit, you can lose some features and gain some others and you have to be comfortable with that and know that everything costs $$ unless you do it yourself and even so, it's still not free because time = $$

Hope this helps.

2010 E90 335i 1M FBO MHD Tune (SOLD)
2009 E92 335i FBO JB4 G5 ISO (SOLD)
Appreciate 0