View Single Post
      02-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #29
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 640i GC

Garage List
I think rating the difficulty of the install can be relative. To me I would say it's a 5 as I have experience with this kind of projects in my cars. But then even removing the headunit can be a 10 if you don't know which tabs you need to pull and how hard to pull them.

I don't know the cost of coding, as I bought the emulator including coding. I would say the price varies a lot depending on which provider you choose.

About updating your own nav, not sure if you are referring to maps or something else? in any case, after installing the NBT unit you are still able to code your car, the same way as before and map updates are also possible.

With this as with any other retrofit, you can lose some features and gain some others and you have to be comfortable with that and know that everything costs $$ unless you do it yourself and even so, it's still not free because time = $$

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E70'11 View Post
Curious question which I'm sure has been asked a lot but for the sake of comfort to anyone buying.

The hardware process would be rated how difficult on a 1-10 scale? Of course 10 being the highest. Coding and programming cost what an addition to this unit being sold? Most of us can update our own Nav so since it's based off the VIN will that cause an issue for this unit in the future?
Appreciate 0