View Single Post
      07-03-2019, 12:42 PM   #1
JoeMac40
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X6M

22" rims, tire size question

Ok, I have done a ton of research on this, and ready to pull the trigger on what size, but I wanted to get last minute opinions.

So I just bought some 22" rims for my X6M. 10" wide up front, 11" in the rear.

Factory front 275-40-20
Factory rear 315-35-20

So, the perfect sizes to get, to get about as close to factor circumference and aspect ratio between front and rear is:
Front - 285-30-22
Rear - 295-30-22

However, I want just a tad more tire for a little more rim protection, and a tad better ride. So I am thinking of the following sizes:

Front - 265-35-22
Rear - 315-30-22

These sizes keeps the front to rear ratio at less than 1% difference so no error codes or anything like that. However it will be giving me a tad over 2" full circumference (1" taller sidewall), but just over 2% bigger than factory. My speedo would not even be off by 2 mph.

So the question, if I do go the bigger set, which is more or less just 1 size up from factory, will I cause any real issues with gearing or computer stuff? I get it that my speedo will be off just a tad, but its not like I am putting dramatically bigger tires up, heck most could not even visually tell the difference.

I do realize I will loose some performance, which is fine, this is purely for the looks of it. If I need to go fast, or wintertime I will be putting the factory wheels back on, not like I am getting rid of them or anything.

Any real cons to going with the slightly bigger tires?
Appreciate 0