Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
I absolutely hate the digital cluster. Round analog gauges were one of the most attractive features of the interior.

This has nothing to do with weight reduction and everything to do with reducing manufacturing costs, therefore increasing profit margins, while increasing the price, a nice double whammy!

I guess I'll hold onto my old 3 series for as long as possible. Call me a caveman, suits me just fine.
I thought i was going to read all pro cluster comments, iwas about to get mad. Thanks for showing there are still some people who hate these like me. They look flat, and I have to imagine will also be painful to look at for any ride longer than 10 minutes. We stare at LCDbscreens so much these days, now our cars have to be one?! This is being forced down our throats, audi s4 makes this standard. I hate it so much. Sadly 9/10 people are for these things, so like manual transmissions, dial guages are gone soon. Sucks
The new generation likes this sort of stuff at least that's what our focus groups show, the old style gauges where just like you said old school and kids growing up with their cell phones and such see this as just a natural thing.

I agree their is a place but we loose out to the masses and the ever changing market.

Cars will eventually be more computer than car in the near future, their already pretty much their and once you loose the ability to control it yourself well that's a pretty sad day! But the truth is the auto enthusiast is really a small percentage unfortunately.
Very true
Appreciate 0