View Single Post
      09-26-2016, 03:03 PM   #10
pieceofchum
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 xdrive 35i SAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
The 2014 535xi has the same N55 I6 motor as this X5 you're looking at. The 2011 528i is a N/A I6 so less problems than the 535xi and X5 xDrive35i. That X5...depends on model, I6 or V8. Anyhow, the point being none of those are particularly high-maintenance BMW's. None have an ///M badge, and none of them other than the 535 are turbo-charged, so less problems.

With all that said, if you come from Toyotas, Hondas, and Subarus, you are sure to experience higher maintenance costs, some of which may come as a shock to the system. These cars aren't for everyone. If you value simplicity, reliability, fuel economy, etc, I'd stick with those Japanese brands. The X5 (especially a well-optioned one) would be a real treat to drive after those brands, but it will come at some sort of cost in the long run.

If you post the VIN we can decode it for you and tell you about package/options....unless you're already doing that? Are you up to speed on all the available configurations?
Sorry this took so long I purchased a different one I purchased a 2012 that came in a couple of days later this one had most of the options I was looking for the vin is #5UXZV4C57CL753548. The vanos recall has been done and the water pump was just replaced.

Thanks
Appreciate 0