View Single Post
      09-05-2016, 09:04 PM   #1
pieceofchum
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 xdrive 35i SAV

Reliability of 2011 X5 xdrive 35i

I am looking to buy a 2011 X5 xDrive 35i with 56k miles on it from a local dealer. The car seems fine and was very well maintained, it was a corporate car and CarFax shows regular maintenance. The car has new spark plugs, all filters have been replaced, has had brake fluid flush, has new tires and alignment, replaced lower control arms and oil filter housing seals, and the vanos bolts have already been replaced. The car drives great, feels like a new vehicle to me drives straight and shifts smoothly. I am concerned however with the reliability of 2011 BMW X5's however I have been told that I should expect to spend around $2k dollars a year in maintenance and repairs. That seems high to me and friends that have BMW's have told me they are actually not needing many repairs and maintenance has been reasonable even as compared to other vehicles they have owned such as Acura, Audi and Lexus. I put around 9k miles per year on my cars and I am easy on vehicles. I just wanted to find out what other owner's have experienced with their E70 X5's.

Thanks
Appreciate 0