View Single Post
      02-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #13
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess///M View Post
I did the OEM smoked lights with my car. The upgrade is totally worth it. I think they will look good with matte paint or glossy. I did see a factory frozen white M5 at the dealer and was pretty blown away by the finish. Not a big fan of the other frozen black and grays I've seen, but I was surprised by how appealing the white looked.
I agree. The smoked tail light look works very well against certain colored cars.

To each their own, but I have seen a couple cars that went too dark on the lights for my taste, but if the owner likes it, then rock on.

The OEM Black Line tail lights are a must for me when it's time for me to go back into an X6. I am already anticipating the work I plan on my future car.

Sorry to get off topic, OP. One of the reasons I am already thinking about my next car, is because similar to your situation, there is a mysterious scar on the rear pasenger side door of my car that is a couplr mm's deep. I was FURIOUS when I noticed it. Did not even have the car for a good 6 months, and it looks like some kid rested their bicycle on my car. I know the parents had to be with this kid when it happened. No note, no nothing.

I know I was being a big baby at the time, but when I first saw that gash, it's like I didn't even want to drive the car anymore.. and that thing is a BLAST to drive.

I' over it now, but since then, I have already started the vision on my next 4 wheel toy... can't wait!