02-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #21
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateX5M View Post
What do you think about the stop tech street performance vs. the posiquiet semi metallic pads?

That is a sexy time rotor right there!

Regarding pads, while I don't like brake dust either, I much prefer better stopping power so I would get the stop tech's over the posiquiets. Pads and fluid are much more important to improving stopping power than a bbk anyways. All a bbk really does is dissipate heat better allowing repeated hard use before the brakes stop working i.e. track work only.

To top it off get better brake fluid. Castrol's is best imo due to it's one year change intervals and excellent boiling points though it ain't cheap. Motul would work well too, though it need to be flushed every 4 months or so for optimum performance.

I say for 1500 plus whatever it costs to get the calipers painted is a far more affordable solution than 7k worth of bbk. Plus you are getting 95% of the look of a bbk anyways and for the street, stock performance is more than enough so this 'upgrade' will be great. Will look just like the M5's and M6's now.

This is tempting. I've almost talked myself into it. Must resist...
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0