08-31-2015, 01:42 AM   #41
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I've had to put down five dogs in my life and the only thing that helps then is that they are not suffering anymore.

The worst for me was when I had to put down a 9month old puppy. His back gave and even when I knew when I took the pup that he wasn't normal, and he was just all around a disaster, the damn dog and its problems kept me in check when my sons issues were screened.

A week after my son was declared "as healthy as can be with microtia", I had to put Rubert down. I'm not a spiritual person the least but even I have a hard time not to believe that dog was not put on my path on purpose.

I'm sorry for all of your losses, it never gets easier but we are lucky to have had that love in our lives.
Best thing I seen you write, great post.

My suggestion to the op is to go out and get another dog asap. You're probably going to get another anyway, the new puppy will bring new joy and take your mind off some sadness. The only thing is I wold nt get the same breed if possible, just because it may spark too many memories.
Sorry for your loss, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Sorry for losing your pet. My condolences.

I've never owned a real pet. To me it's a waste of time and money. Like, what do you expect? Did you think the animal will out live you?
I'd rather invest my time/money on real human (a kid).

I respect pet owners, so i'm not bashing on anyone. I'm just speaking my POV.
Well duh, obviously a real human is a priority but this isn't no where near a one vs the other situation. Kind of a weird post that really has no place in this thread right now. But I bet you feel real good giving your opinion....I never understand how folks that don't like or relate to a subject jump into a thread to post something completely left field.
Appreciate 2