View Single Post
      11-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #70
Jess///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom1000 View Post
Wow! Not a lot of sensitivity in here. Happened upon this tonight - haven't been on this forum in a long time. This was my car.

The car was serviced at Center BMW in Sherman Oaks, CA from October 25th - November 2nd for an engine malfunction. The dealer and BMW NA decided to replace all eight (8) fuel injectors as well as other fixes. I picked the car up on the evening of November 2nd and barely drove the car. The next day, November 3rd, was when the fire occurred. And it happened just like I said. Both my kids were in the car - we had only 15 seconds to get out prior to the passenger compartment having been engulfed in flames. It was absolutely insane.

And what the hell do a set of HRE's have to do with the engine catching on fire and exploding?

And yes, their was a large warning indicator that was all across my windshield on my HUD. Never seen it before.

And the passenger's door would not open and I had to drag my daughter out my side of the car. My 9 year old son, who was sitting behind me, got out very quickly. I burned my hand as I got out of the car as the flames were already sweeping past the driver's door.

You think this is a joke? Not a joke to me and my family.

Although, I do have to admit, the Domino's guy driving past the car engulfed in flames - would be funny if it were not so absolutely stupid.

Sam
What terrible events! What type of malfunction did the service center say you experienced that ultimately required all 8 fuel injectors to be replaced? Do you have any aftermarket software or other engine mods? Just curious as a lot of us like to personalize our cars. Glad to hear you all escaped!
Appreciate 0