06-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #17
Freon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savir04 View Post
I am here because the DME is internationally creating a 5PSI spike letting off at HI LOAD/HI RPM...and I am concerned that the turbo's are surging during this event, it also introduces a bunch of drivability problems that i'm not even gonna get to.... huge drivability issue for me.
Can you be more specific about your drivability issues? There's nothing wrong with what I can see from your logs or video. I don't hear any surge and suspect there is none worth noting.

Further, there's nothing happening with the throttle that you couldn't reproduce with your right foot. If the car is surging when the throttle blips (which it should not and is not), then the BPV system is the problem (valve design/flow insufficient, valve sticking, valve preload too high, lines too big, lines clogged, lines collapsing), not the throttle behavior. It doesn't make sense to point the finger at the ETC behavior as the problem causing your BPV to not work. It's not a line of reasoning that adds up. And again, you're not surging.
Quote:
I am sure that the DME knows there are mechanical pressure relief valves in place and knows that it does not have DIRECT control over them...and I'm sure that it is written in its logic that if it needed to control the pressure relief valve for whatever reason, it would by manipulating intake manifold pressure using throttle body angle...its literally the only tie the DME has to the mechanical pressure relief valve...right or wrong?...according to you, that's actually exactly what the DME is doing right? spiking the throttle body open after letting off the accelerator so that the pressure relief valve seals and holds 5 PSI between gear changes?...I understand, I just need to get rid of this for the sake of drivability
This is literally turning into a conspiracy theory.

Your statement with regards being "sure" the DME "knows" about the BPV would make sense if there was a BPV position sensor, but there isn't.

You are unnecessarily fixated on the BPV behavior as some sort of goal criteria for the throttle behavior. The BPV is just there to open when the throttle is not so the turbo doesn't get damaged, and that's a simple pneumatic connection.

I think you need to start back on step #1 and explain your problem. Now you're pushing it as a drivability issue, so perhaps add more details on that. There's no surge, so let's move on to the symptom that really matters.