View Single Post
      01-02-2018, 09:49 AM   #69
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I somewhat agree with you about Atmos (and DTS X). It is overhyped and not the end all be all they describe it to be. That being said I have kind of a strange layout in a combined wide open living room, kitchen and dining room so it needs all the help it can get. I also can’t do the preffered in ceiling mount placement so I don’t get the full effect, but it does help fill in the gaps for lack of a better way of saying it.
Yes, everyone's situation is different. I'm just fortunate enough to be able to carve out a dedicated room in my house built from the ground up for sound. Granted I didn't go hog wild as some others have with floating the walls and doing double drywall. Or sealing all the pot lights with exterior enclosures.

I had to make some compromises too where there are way more doors going into the room than I would like. But it's because of the layout of the house/floor plan. But I did use heavy solid core doors where I could. And I used a double pocket door at one side of the room for functionality. But overall, the result is still very good as I have the speakers placed optimally with the proper acoustical treatments on the walls.

I haven't had the desire to upgrade my system in a very long time. It all just works beautifully after hours of time tweaking and dialing in the system. Unfortunately, I may have to start all over again because my surround processor is acting up and it's probably better to just replace it than repair it. But that means I have to start all over again with tweaking/dialing in the system.
Appreciate 1
minn1914037.50