View Single Post
      04-26-2014, 08:42 AM   #11
Sa3064
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6m

It is my understanding that you must buy the extended warranty before the original warranty expires, so I don't really understand why anyone would buy one at the time of purchase. Perhaps it is part of a financing requirement, or is it possible that the warranty price goes up as you approach the end of the initial warranty? Sounds like buying airplane tickets.

Over $9,000 for the warranty you were quoted? That seems absurd... Perhaps you should get on the phone and call other BMW dealerships and don't bother with your local one.

Side note.... Yesterday I was driving back from Grand Rapids, MI to my home near Detroit pinning it at 79 mph. There was a Lincoln in front of me and I kept my polite distance, waiting for him to pull to the right when it was safe. When he didn't get out of my way after the right lane opened up for him to move over two times, I signaled and attempted to pass him on the right and he sped up, effectively pinching me off from getting in front of him because a car was in the right lane. This happened three times. The first time, I thought he perhaps didn't see me. The second time, I thought he was just a douche, the third time I nailed it and blew his dumb ass out of the water, hit 130 mph, listened to his engine rev and labor as I pulled back into the left lane and watched him call me really bad names in my rear view mirror. I just smiled and waved.

I didn't even bother hitting the (M) button on my steering wheel, though the noise probably would have startled him a bit.

Just another polite day in the best car I have ever driven.
Appreciate 0