07-09-2013, 02:27 AM   #74
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom1000 View Post
Wow! Not a lot of sensitivity in here. Happened upon this tonight - haven't been on this forum in a long time. This was my car.

The car was serviced at Center BMW in Sherman Oaks, CA from October 25th - November 2nd for an engine malfunction. The dealer and BMW NA decided to replace all eight (8) fuel injectors as well as other fixes. I picked the car up on the evening of November 2nd and barely drove the car. The next day, November 3rd, was when the fire occurred. And it happened just like I said. Both my kids were in the car - we had only 15 seconds to get out prior to the passenger compartment having been engulfed in flames. It was absolutely insane.

And what the hell do a set of HRE's have to do with the engine catching on fire and exploding?

And yes, their was a large warning indicator that was all across my windshield on my HUD. Never seen it before.

And the passenger's door would not open and I had to drag my daughter out my side of the car. My 9 year old son, who was sitting behind me, got out very quickly. I burned my hand as I got out of the car as the flames were already sweeping past the driver's door.

You think this is a joke? Not a joke to me and my family.

Although, I do have to admit, the Domino's guy driving past the car engulfed in flames - would be funny if it were not so absolutely stupid.

Sam
Wow I had my X6M 2010 got its 8 fuel injectors replaced because it had a lag start and black smoke coming from the exhaust.. Thank god this did not happen to my X6M. but my X6M ended up getting lemon lawed regardless because it had too many problems, It was in the shop 3 months out of the 10 months I had it.
Appreciate 0