View Single Post
      09-26-2016, 10:44 AM   #42
frankenm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M, 99 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyX5M View Post
While I don't have experience with the ($25) pads mentioned above, I can definitely speak on knowing the difference of a lower end pad vs. a higher end. I've cut cost on on brake pad before with other heavy vehicles, and yes they work, though they have definitely scared the crap out of me at times when towing or in need of sudden heavy braking. Again, that's all subjective to the pads I've used, though when it comes to one of the most critical safety features in the car I'm willing to pony up a bit extra for peace of mind.
That said, I ended up going OEM... from my rough comparison it seems as though they actually have a bit more bite than the Carbotechs though slightly more dust and noise. ...suppose I also was a little weary paying more for the Carbotechs with the added uncertainty.
If running some cheap aftermarket pads I would be concerned with this but these are made by Bosch same company that makes a lot of parts for our trucks and cost around the same as what you would pay for any other vehicle pads difference is they are ceramic ...

I can't see the justification to running overpriced OEM pads ... Pagid offers the same thing as the OEM ( they are an OEM BMW supplier FYI ) and are $130 ... $150 less than the OEM with the BMW logo that cost $280.

But hey it's your money

Appreciate 0