View Single Post
      06-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMen View Post
Doug, are you referring the M performance package with 15 hp and 30 ft-lb torque? I test drove the standard 2013 X5 35i and one with M performance package, right after. The difference was subtle at best, not worth the $1600. If you know of a different BMW tune with more power, please let me know. I would be very interested. I'm considering the Dinan stage 2 tune, but very concerned, even with the Dinan warranty. I can see BMW and Dinan trying to blame each other when a drive train component fails, even under warranty. And what happens if you get BMW extended warranty and something goes wrong with the drive train. Would BMW cover a Dinan tuned X5?
Yes, that one. Granted, 5% more HP and 10% more torque is not going to be huge, but it is something and as pointed out, covered under the BMW warranty.

Dinan also covers their stuff as well - for the length of the BMW warranty. You just have to go to a Dinan certified BMW dealer (or to Dinan). I think they do everything in their power to avoid finger pointing, but still, I would always feel more comfortable with a full BMW only tune (although that comfort would come at the cost of power )
Appreciate 0