shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitrik View Post
Well wouldn't you believe it, my breaks squeak all the way to the dealer. I get there and they ask me to take an engineer on a quick test drive to hear the noise, and it's gone!!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy it's no longer there, although after the test drive I did hear a slight squeak but nothing like before.

At least the engineer was kind enough to tell me that he'll take the wheels off and check out the breaks when I take it into have the idrive update on the 7th.

As for the cabin noise, don't know if it's isolated to certain models. I doubt it's the 50i engine that makes the extra noise in the cabin but I'll have a word with them on the 7th.

What annoys me is that I was in a ML AMG bought 2 months ago and we hit 215km/hr and I couldn't believe my ears! Barely a sound in the cabin apart from a slight whirring of the engine. No wind at all!!! Same goes for a Lexus GS that I drove.

For the amount of money we pay for this car, I really did expect much better in terms of isolation.

Not sure what you are hearing but at 130 mph my X6 seemed quieter and smoother than my Lexus IS350 was and does not feel like you are going as fast in the BMW. I was actually surprised at how quiet and smooth the X6 is around 100-120mph. There is definitely wind noise but you are also going 100+MPH and there will be wind noise in any vehicle
Appreciate 0