10-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonnnn
NRG, thanks for the PDF. I'll read up on that and get better on the diesel.

It just really sucks that there are barely any parts made for the X5, but what do you expect for buying a truck?

I'm actually going to stop by my old performance shop I used to work at to talk to my friend/owner to make an exhaust system and possibly a FMIC. I doubt I want to wait for other people to get it done, which will take a while. I'll keep updated on this.

For just the plug and play systems like JBT, do you think that one is the best out of the group? I can't afford to ship out my ECU to get remapped now. It's my daily driver.
No it's buying a diesel in NA with all the emission regulations. The 35d in EU is equipped with much simpler exhaust system in both the 3 and the X! Allowing you to modify it in simpler ways. There are quite a few exhausts available for EU diesel models as well as for 35i (the gas version).

The JBD is a very solid tune, buy it without hesitation! Bottom line is, the delta HP/TQ at highest settings are on par with diesel remaps that's out there. The only difference is, the way that power is delivered between the two. I've known Terry from BMS from 2007 and used most of his tunes, he's a cool dude with awesome customer service and he's local to you in CA around Woodland Hills area.

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
Appreciate 0