NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonnnn
NRG,

Thanks for the good information. I'm a car guy, but I'm not too good on how the BMW exhaust system works yet. Can you explain it to me or point me in the right direction to learn about it? (DPF, DEF, layout, etc) So you think even if we changed the mufflers, it wouldn't produce any more power?

For the K&N filter, what are your impressions of it? Sound, power?

A FMIC would be awesome! Just need to modify the front bumper then. Did wagner say how long it would take them?
In this PDF, everything about BMW diesel motor explained in detail. Also the difference between the E90 and E70 diesel setups.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=497359

Regarding the K&N filter, it's really hard to feel anything on the car of that size and weigh, specifically a diesel one as well. Unlike gas, diesel is not an air flow dependent motor. I still swapped it, I find the original to be very restrictive, it is double layered and as thick as the brick. My truck is remapped and boost pressure has been increased over stock, hence I decided to help a little with K&N.

The Wagner IC is a plug and play no mods needed for the bumper. I'm still waiting to hear the results of his fitment test on X5/6 diesels.

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
Appreciate 0