NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonnnn
Hey all.

I thought I'd post and see what people think/know. Before anything, I did a search on some of these, but found nothing specific I'm looking for that popped up. Thanks in advance!!!

I just picked up my 2012 X5 D about 3 weeks ago. AW white, almost fully loaded, 20s, etc. I traded my 2008 M3 in for this and love this just as much, if not more because of the versatility.

I'm trying to make it more unique besides the normal lowering, rims, and reprogramming. Here goes:

Has anyone installed front and rear X5M bumpers? Does anyone know of any other lips to buy besides the BMW LCI add ons?

Anyone color painted their fenders and door trim the same as the body? I talked to a body shop and they were talking about how the pieces were textured, so if you paint them, they might crack eventually.

Anyone done or know anything for exhausts for the diesel? i really want to make the sound more aggressive and get more hp/tq out of this beast.

Thanks!
I'll try to answer on the power part. The D exhales into the DPF first then through the SCR (selective catalyst reduction) and injected with DEF right there. Even changing the very end of the exhaust system - the muffler, won't change a note. You'll need to remap your ECM for a complete removal of the DPF system with a 2 EGRs "delete" to be able to completely swap the exhaust system. I'd say forget it.

You could do a remap like myself, or install one of the piggybacks available to us, as well as swap the air filter if you will.

Also Wagner Tuning Germany is coming out with a FMIC for a 335d right now. According to my conversation with Carston Wagner the X5/X6 diesel are the next on the list for the FMIC production, fingers crossed.

I run a K&N filter and a Mega-Speed remap, now waiting on that FMIC.

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
Appreciate 0