View Single Post
      04-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #10
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

I have a 2008 3.0si that my wife and I bought CPO at 54k miles. The truck is now at 93k miles. BMW replaced the Water Pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, valve cover gasket, and valve cover. I replaced the oil pan gasket myself recently which was the worst DIY experience in my life. I've also replaced the spark plugs, windshield washer pumps, and most of the front suspension (preventative maintenance). I put a Burger Tuning Power Box on it which got rid of the throttle lag and made it a little faster.

If you have had a 325xi then you're familiar with the good ole BMW straight six and having two differentials. The major difference is the design of the front differential on the X5 since the drive shaft runs through the oil pan. Expect to do the cooling system stuff if it hasn't been done already...its' not bad. Expect to do brakes and tires (electronic parking brake on the E70). We have standard suspension so no comment on longevity of the bags but they are not that expensive if you go aftermarket.

The Xdrive 35i is newer and is rated for more HP and MPG (8spd tranny like -c- said) and you can find them cheaper these days. Plus the new idrive is way better (only because of bluetooth music).

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0