6lacksheep
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblkX6 View Post
Hey!

You should have messaged me that you weren't sure how to put them on! I was just checking the forums and saw this.

I originally wondering the same thing when i first got them. How do you remove the stock chrome tips? You are correct, there are no bolts/screws/rivots/or welds.

What you need to do, with two hands is put both hands on the tailpipe and twist the tips off. As you turn, pull towards your body. So for the passenger exhaust tip, you will want to turn counter clockwise (i am pretty sure) and pull towards you. You will want to turn clockwise on the driver side. It takes a little shimmy'ing and pulling, but they will slide right off.

So ideally, when looking at the stock tip, you will want to turn/twist the outside of the tip towards the inside of the vehicle.

Hope this helps and enjoy the tips!

Feel free to PM/email/post up here if you have any other questions!
Hey bdblkx6!

I didnt want to trouble you, not sure if you had that problem so i just took it to the forum! Great forum, very helpful members
But I took them off today after reading your post! You REALLY have to shimmy the exhaust tip while turning. I started with the one on my passenger side first, and i took me 20 mins just trying to get it off! The drivers side one took me 5 mins, once i got the hang of it.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys
Appreciate 0